I'm back! Hope you all have been enjoying your Easter season thus far. I know I have!
I recently received a fun e-mail sent to my Coffee Talk account:
Good morning Leslie -There was a 3-part element of surprise in that e-mail:
I am a freelance writer with Our Sunday Visitor working on a story about the 20th anniversary of WYD Denver. Somewhere along the google line your blog, your name surfaced.
Tell me more! Do you have an interesting story/conversion as it relates to Denver. If so I would like to talk to you more about it in an email or phone interview....if you are interested!
Let me know and we will take it from there!
Viva Il Papa!
1. It's been TWENTY YEARS since I first attended World Youth Day, and since World Youth Day was in the United States!
2. Twenty years later, I'm still preparing to go to World Youth Day! This time in Brazil!
3. People (or at least person) read(s) my blog!
So in honor of the twentieth anniversary of World Youth Day Denver, and the soon coming adventure to World Youth Day Rio, I share with you this action-packed interview!
1. Give me a brief history of your 1993 WYD journey....how old were you, from where...where were you on your faith journey?
2. Was there a particular event at Denver that changed you - was there an 'ah ha' moment ..? A lasting impression perhaps?
4. What do you do now? is it Church related? Tell me about your blog/website when did it start...why?
5. Any advice for a young person on the fence on whether to attend a WYD or not?
6. talk to me about seeing JP2 what was that like - the anticipation etc....
7. Have you attended other WYDs - which ones and how have they compared to 1993?