Monday, January 31, 2011

Leisure is the Basis of Culture, and Glen Ivy Spa is Da Bomb!


Hello, Coffee Talkers! 

It has been a long, full day but I promised to write at least a little something each day for Coffee Talk, and so I shall. 

Today, some gracious friends of mine invited me along to spend a day of peace, rest, and relaxation at Glen Ivy Spa. It was nothing short of glorious. Southern California people, check it out! (Maybe you're thinking, "But Leslie, I'm not a 'spa person'." Well, I didn't think I was either, but now I'm ready to move to Glen Ivy and adopt the woman who gave me a massage into my own family.) There’s free admission to the resort on your birthday, too!


My two main reflections from our time at the spa are: 1. I have wonderful friends, and am very blessed and grateful; 2. there is value in the quiet and relaxation of a day at leisure.

In fact, as modern German philosopher Josef Pieper explained, leisure has been, and always will be, the first foundation of any culture. His essay Leisure, The Basis of Culture is great! Why not buy a copy, and carve out some leisure time to read it?


As always, thanks for stopping by, and be assured of my prayers.

Peace and all good,
Leslie    

No comments:

Post a Comment