Sunday, August 28, 2011

It Becomes Like A Fire Burning In My Heart

Well, Coffee Talkers, in case you were dozing off during today's Mass readings, here's the first reading from the book of the Prophet Jeremiah. It is one of my favorite passages of Scripture.

Reading 1 - Jeremiah 20:7-9

You duped me, O LORD, and I let myself be duped;
you were too strong for me, and you triumphed.
All the day I am an object of laughter;
everyone mocks me.

Whenever I speak, I must cry out,
violence and outrage is my message;
the word of the LORD has brought me
derision and reproach all the day.

I say to myself, I will not mention him,
I will speak in his name no more.
But then it becomes like fire burning in my heart,
imprisoned in my bones;
I grow weary holding it in, I cannot endure it.
 Too much I could say for one evening, so instead I leave you to your own contemplation of this rich passage.

World Youth Day blogging shall commence soon, so stay tuned!

Have a blessed week, and as always, thanks for stopping by. Be assured of my prayers.

Peace and all good,
Leslie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment