Monday, March 5, 2018

Not According to Plan...

Hello again, Coffee Talkers,

     Today was one of those days where things did not go quite as planned, and that always throws me off a bit. But it was also one of those days where, somehow, all of the "unplanned" moments ended up working out in an unexpected way and fitting together like a puzzle, as though someone else had a better plan than I did.
     Life is like that sometimes, isn't it? Both in the minutiae of day to day life, and in the big picture of our plans, we can ask God for the grace and presence to be aware of and to accept the ways that the Divine plan for our lives may be far different from what we imagined.
     This week, I will pray for an acceptance of God's will. At the beginning of each day, I will ask God for the grace to see situations and circumstances from the perspective of faith. At the end of each day, I will examine the ways that things that went differently than I had planned for and expected, and consider the ways that those unexpected or challenging moments opened up avenues of grace and mercy. What opportunities for spiritual growth did I embrace, and which ones did I miss? How will I do better tomorrow to accept God's will with joy in all circumstances?
     As always, thanks for stopping by, and be assured of my prayers.

Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment