Thursday, March 1, 2018

Don't Take It For Granted

Hello, Coffee Talkers,

     Today, I stopped off on my way to work to get some gift cards to help out a co-worker who is on medical leave for the rest of the school year. Over Christmas break they found a tumor, which they removed and discovered was cancerous. She's undergoing chemo treatments now. She's young and was in otherwise very good health. She has kids at home.
     This week, I will consider how helping others in a time of need develops my own sense of gratefulness for the things I have and my sense of empathy. I will make a list of at least ten things that I often take for granted, but that I now realize are a special grace and blessing from God that I have done nothing to deserve. I will give thanks to God for the good things in my life, and even thank Him for the trials and difficulties, knowing that the Paschal Mystery teaches me that out of the greatest suffering can be brought about mercy, redemption, and salvation.
     As always, thanks for stopping by and be assured of my prayers.

Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment