Monday, July 25, 2011

Will God Get Re-Elected Based on Job Performance?

Hello, Coffee Talkers!

Got this in today to the Coffee Talk e-mail box:
The internet community is waiting for you to discuss this recent poll on your blog.

52% of Americans approve of God's job performance

True it could be higher...but is it good that he's doing better than both Obama and John Boehner?!?!?

I would like to thank the friend who sent this link for giving me a good laugh! If you haven't already clicked the link and read the article, now's the time, everybody.

Alright. Now, beyond the absurdity of the poll itself and the responses, one problem I see is that the wrong questions are being asked here. I mean, I think it would be more fair and judicious to rate God on BEING rather than DOING. So here's the new poll that I propose:

On a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being best), how would you rate God in the following areas?
  1. Being the uncaused cause.
  2. Being the unmoved mover.
  3. Being the only one who can say, "I AM WHO AM."
  4. On His thoughts being higher than your thoughts.
  5. On His ways being higher than your ways.
I don't know about all of y'all, but personally I could not help but give God a perfect ten in all the areas just mentioned!

As always, thanks for stopping by, and be assured of my prayers!

Peace and all good,
Leslie

1 comment:

  1. I give him higher marks on creation than I do in sustaining the universe. And I do have some doubts about the overall "right track" of the providential scheme for the world.

    There's irony here. Since good eschatological finales have to be preceded by times of woe and tribulation actually God's so so ratings now will actually be good for his image in the long term for those who wait. He's playing the long game, in other words, by not doing little focus group tested things like Fatima style miracles that might give him a short term boost but no lasting effect.

    He's in better shape now, in other words at 52% than he was at 100% when Noah's family got off the ark.

    ReplyDelete