Saturday, March 23, 2013

Lent Day 37 (a day late): When Popes Collide

Hello, Coffee Talkers!

Sorry I didn't post this last night -- the need for sleep got the best of me again. But the great news is that I'll post again tonight. And something EXCITING, too! So brace yourselves, and stay tuned!

It may seem like I've been posting Pope-related posts almost every day...and that's because, in fact, I have been! There's so much great papal news these days, I'd be remiss to not mention at least bit of it!

So first, check out this sweet article about Pope Francis personally calling his newpaper kiosk owner in Argentina to cancel his subscription. It even made me a little teary-eyed. What can I say; I'm a sucker for touching Papal stories!



Next, the TWO POPES HAD A MEETING! What an historic moment! Check out this article by Rocco Palmo, and this entry from The Sacred Page which includes video footage of the two Popes together. (Warning: it is mostly Benedict and Francis praying together at Castel Gandalfo, so it's not a lot of high-action footage -- haha!)

Blessings as you prepare for Holy Week (now only hours away!). Stay tuned for tonight's exciting news, my friends!

As always, thanks for stopping by, and be assured of my prayers.

Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment