Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lent Day 35: Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

Hello, Coffee Talkers!

I hope you all enjoyed yesterday's day off of Lent and celebrated the Solemnity of St. Joseph, Husband of Mary! I know I did. When I went in to work and told some of my co-workers about the non-Lenten fiesta, our receptionist promptly agreed to go out and buy a decadent cake for all of us to share. I love working for the Catholic Church! :)

There are usually two Lenten solemnities: besides yesterday's, there's also the Annunciation, typically celebrated on March 24. However, this year since March 24 falls on on Palm Sunday, the Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord is transferred to the Monday after Divine Mercy Sunday, April 8. So this means we only got one solemnity during Lent this year. That also means that we'll have an extra day of Lent this year. And, of course, it means that I celebrated doubly hard yesterday!

When one of the Lenten Solemnities falls on a Friday, we can eat meat! This happened two years ago, and won't happen again until March 24, 2017. I'm already planning to have In-N-Out that day!

As always, thanks for stopping by, and be assured of my prayers.

Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment