Monday, February 7, 2011

Bacon and Benedict - What Could Be Better?

Hello, Coffee Talkers!

I'd like to invite all of my local high desert readers (and even those distant 'down-the-hill' people who want to make a weekend jaunt to Apple Valley) to an Applebees breakfast to benefit World Youth Day! It will be held this Saturday, February 12 from 8 am to 10 am at the Apple Valley Applebees. For more details, check out the Facebook invitation:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=690888932#!/event.php?eid=197661336912832

For those who don't know, World Youth Day is an amazing international gathering of youth and young adults with our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI. The next World Youth Day is taking place in Madrid, Spain this August, and I am blessed (and a little bit crazy!) to be leading a parish group of 27 pilgrims. I attended my first World Youth Day when Pope John Paul II came to Denver in 1993 (uh, oh -- am I showing my age?), and the experience changed my life. Really, it did. And now Pope John Paul II, who founded World Youth Days during his papacy, is one of the patrons of this year's World Youth Day which will be held shortly after his beatification -- super cool!

I hope that every young (and not so young!) Catholic can attend a World Youth Day at some point in their lives. But since not all of you can go with us to Spain this August, why not journey with us in prayer? (And in pancakes -- this Saturday morning, everybody!)

If anyone has a special prayer request that you would like our group to take with us to the holy sites of Spain, please let me know via the comment box or e-mail.

And check out the official World Youth Day website -- awesome!
http://www.madrid11.com/en

Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment