Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Birthday, and a Blogiversary!

Greetings, my dear Coffee Talkers!

With this 31st daily installment of Coffee Talk with Leslie, I'd like to wish all of you in the blogosphere a happy one month blogiversary! And since people seem to enjoy statistics (no matter how irrelevant, or even inaccurate, they might be), let me share the few fun facts I know about you all from my blog stats from this first month:
  • you've viewed my blog pages over 800 times
  • you've been reading from the US, Canada, Malaysia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Russia, Bermuda, and Italy
  • 14% of you are reading from an iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Blackberry
  • more of you viewed "Ladies and Gentlemen, Please Don't Join This Club!" than any other post
  • more of you shared "From Susan B. Anthony to Nancy Pelosi - Pro-life Feminism and Political Lies" via Facebook than any other post
So thank you all for tuning in, and for making my blogging experience thus far such an enjoyable one!

Today also marks a more significant anniversary -- my little Faustina Maria turned 3 years old today! When I chose her name, I was living in a community with a lot of Catholics, so most people were familiar with St. Faustina, the Polish nun who is known for spreading the devotion to Jesus and his Divine Mercy.


But it wasn't long before I realized that I may have given her one of those names. You know the kind I'm talking about. The ones that inspire conversations like this:

"Oh, your girls are so cute! What are their names?"
"Patricia Rose and Faustina."
"How pretty! Patricia Rose and... what was the other name?"
"Faustina."
"Oh. How do you spell that?"
"F-A-U-S-T-I-N-A."
"Oh, Faustina! Wow, that's really...different. Did you make that up?"

I never meant to curse my younger daughter with a life of, "What's your name, again?" and "Oh, that's different!" Still, I'm hoping that it will be made up for in the divine economy by bringing more awareness to the wonderful saint after whom my little one was named, and by spreading devotion to Divine Mercy, a message so desperately needed in our times.

My priest friends from the Marians of the Immaculate Conception came out with a cool Divine Mercy App for your iWhatever:

and they have a great Divine Mercy website!   http://thedivinemercy.org/

And here's a little Divine Mercy prayer to end the evening:


Peace and all good,
Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your little one...

    I met several Faustina or Faustino or Faussies but they've all been old Mexicans... am glad to see the tradition expanding...

    ReplyDelete