Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools Day Favorites!

Hello, Coffee Talkers!

As April 1st comes to a close here on the West Coast of the USA, let me share with you my top two April Fools pranks of 2011.

The first is from Google, who made an offer to me (and all Gmail users) to try Gmail Motion Beta -- check out the website and the video!


And the second is from the National Catholic Register -- the Pope's announcement of the Third Vatican Council!

I'll close with the real words of Pope Benedict XVI, who said:
I’m not a man who constantly thinks up jokes. But I think it’s very important to be able to see the funny side of life and its joyful dimension and not to take everything too tragically. I’d also say it’s necessary for my ministry. A writer once said that angels can fly because they don’t take themselves too seriously. Maybe we could also fly a bit if we didn’t think we were so important.
Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment