Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lent Day 12: Of Tabasco and Queen Esther

Hello, Coffee Talkers!

I wish I had more time to devote to blogging tonight, but I wanted to at least pop in to honor Paul C.P. McIlhenny, the guy in charge of Tabasco hot sauces, who died yesterday



Back in the day when I was traveling with NET Ministries, my team got a free tour of the Tabasco sauce factory (my eyes still water a bit just remembering it!) and a fan boat ride on the swamps of Avery Island. Louisiana was awesome! Rest in peace, Mr. McIlhenny.

In unrelated, but also interesting news, today marks the Jewish feast of Purim, which celebrates Queen Esther's act of heroism which saved the lives of the Jewish people. One year, I had the pleasure of teaching a lesson on Purim to an adorable class of second graders, and then feeding them my extremely unfortunate batch of hamentaschen (which, while looking terrible, at least still tasted half-way decent). The children were merciful, and seemed to appreciate my efforts.

My batch did not look like these...
Gotta jet for now, and if you read this, please say a little prayer for the other projects I need to finish tonight. In advance, thank you!

As always,  thanks for stopping by, and be assured of my prayers.

Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment