Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lent Day 5: Little Girls!

Hello again, Coffee Talkers!

Today has been a day of celebration! My younger daughter turned FIVE today! I know everyone says it, but I truly cannot believe how the time has flown.

Anyway, enough sentimentality for now -- I am blogging because there is a quiet moment in the midst of little girl sleepover mania. Following the family cake extravaganza, my girls invited a friend to sleepover. So now my just-turned-five-year-old, along with her big sis and their friend, are quietly watching "The Wizard of Oz." A blessed quietness, although their many screams, squeals, and peals of laughter were delightful as well.

It's almost time for lights out, and it's great to remember what is what like to be a little girl, so full of wonder and joy, drama and delight. Such fun!

In addition to chronicling a few of the evening's events, I am also writing this as a small apology to my friends who entrusted their daughter into my care this evening. She says that this is one of the best sleepovers ever...but she's also a little bit pink. Her skin. And both of my girls, too. They're all a little bit piggy-looking.You see, big sis picked out a play make-up kit, allegedly washable. We washed it, but in their efforts to see who could look the most terrifying (a valiant effort, I must say!), they really caked some of that nasty stuff on. Just know that they'll wash again in the morning. And that they're having the time of their little girl lives!

As always, thanks for stopping by, and be assured of my prayers.

Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment