Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lent Day 7 on Day 8, 'Cause I'm Sleepy: SNOW DAY!!!

Coffee Talkers!

Well, I'll bet that at least two of you were wondering where I was last night, after all these promises of daily Lenten blogging. By now, you may have guessed it from the title of this post. I was sleeping. Again. I love sleep!

So here's the day 7 post (on day 8), and God willing, I will post for day 8 tonight. Before going to sleep. Again!

Today, something great happened here in the high desert of Southern California. Something special. Something like SNOW!

Mary was pretty stoked about snow day, too.

You may be thinking that it doesn't look like much snow, but you gotta remember: this is the desert. Of Southern California. So, suffice it to say, all the local school districts called a day off! Because we desert-dwellers don't have any road-clearing equipment, nor do we now how to drive in such conditions. So it was party time!
Just days ago, the flip-flop was used for backyard kiddie pool party...

But today, it's beach chairs and snow balls!
I couldn't help but remember those rare snow days calling off school when I was growing up in this area myself, and I would go with my best friend Amelia and her sister Amanda (who were the same age difference as my girls) to our local park to slide down the hills on whatever we had available (snow disks, trash can lids, pizza boxes or other pieces of cardboard). The 3 of us had such a delightful time! Amanda died 3 years ago this February in a tragic plane accident, so today's memories were bittersweet. We sure do miss you, Amanda. I hope you got to see the snow day, too, and know that we were thinking about you! Rest in peace, dear friend.

As always, thanks for stopping by, and be assured of my prayers.

Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment