Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lent Day 9: Short & Sweet & A Resolution for Tomorrow

Hello, Coffee Talkers!

I had a great time leading music with some friends for a diocesan luncheon at Youth Day in Anaheim, an annual kick-off to the Los Angeles Religious Education Congress. But I'm pretty excited to rest soon, too, so I'll keep tonight's post short and sweet.

1. It was great to see the youth from my home parish today, as well as one of my first youth ministers, with whom I went to my own first Youth Day!

2. All that I can remember from my first youth day (when I was still a youth) is riding back on the bus, and trying to figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. (No, I don't remember the number of licks!)

3. So far the results of my unofficial papal vote are a tie between Brazilian Cardinal Braz de Avis, and myself -- haha!

Let's all pray for each other during this Lenten season, and overcome our own faults and weaknesses by caring for all of the members of Christ's body on earth, the Church, through our practices of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving. Let's all think of a specific way to conquer selfishness and become more generous tomorrow. Then let's do it!

As always, thanks for stopping by, and be assured of my prayers.

Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment