Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lent Day 16: Empty Chairs, and Empty Tables...

Hello, Coffee Talkers!


Oh my goodness! On my way home this evening, I saw some white smoke rising from someone's backyard. Sure, it was probably just some people burning trash, but there was still an impulse within me to roll down my window and yell, "Habemus Papam!!!", just in case. But now, thanks be to God, someone has established this awesome website so I can know with certainty whether or not we have a Pope!

I am still marveling at the humility of Benedict XVI, and truly admire his decision to enter into a life of monastic prayer for the sake of the Church and of the whole world. The anticipation of the empty chair providentially coincides with our Lenten journey toward Easter, so as our fasting gives way to feasting, so shall our empty chair give way to a new era in the Church and to a banquet of joy. Let us all commit Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI to our prayers, as well as the College of Cardinals.


As always, thanks for stopping by, and be assured of my prayers.


Peace and all good,


Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment