Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Anglican-Roman Catholic Dialogue, and the Lady of All Nations

Hello, Coffee Talkers!

Some of you may recall my previous posts on the relationship of the Anglican Communion (a.k.a. Episcopal Church) with the Catholic Church, so I wanted to share this recent news:
VATICAN CITY, 28 MAY 2011 (VIS) - The Anglican - Roman Catholic International Commission has completed the first meeting of its new phase (ARCIC III) at the Monastery of Bose in northern Italy (17-27 May 2011).

  According to a communique issued by the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity, "the commission is chaired by Archbishop David Moxon (Anglican Archbishop of the New Zealand Dioceses) and Archbishop Bernard Longley (Roman Catholic Archbishop of Birmingham), and  comprises eighteen theologians from a wide range of backgrounds across the world".
Oh, to have been a fly on the wall at such a meeting! Honestly, that is one of my dreams. You can read the rest of the article here!

Next, I'm not going to write much on here tonight because I spent most of my time reading and commenting on an interesting blog post from a Catholic blogger I follow in the Netherlands. The post is on The Lady of All Nations apparition in Amsterdam.

 
My comment ended up being nearly as long as his post, because I suspect that I am as long-winded as I am passionate about Mariology. I also love that modern technology allows interesting theological dialogue with someone in the Netherlands from the comfort of my own home while wearing my PJs! So feel free to put on your own PJs, read his post, read my comment, and make comments of your own. Join in on the Mariological fun!

This reminds me that I need to take up my "Hail Who? What Catholics Really Believe About Mary" series again sometime soon, since I don't think I've yet covered the big topics of Marian apparitions and the Church's principle Marian devotions of the Rosary, the Scapular, and Marian devotion. I have lots of other topics brewing, as well, so y'all better grab a lot of coffee, and brace yourselves!

As always, thanks for stopping by. Be assured of my prayers!

Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment