Monday, May 9, 2011

Our Lady of Good Help, Wisconsin

Hello, Coffee Talkers!

Did y'all hear that last December a Marian apparition that had taken place in Wisconsin was the first in America to be declared to be worthy of belief? Yep, it's true -- Our Lady of Good Help in Champion, Wisconsin.

Thus declared Bishop David Ricken last December 8:
“I declare with moral certainty and in accord with the norms of the Church that the events, apparitions and locutions given to Adele Brise in October of 1859 do exhibit the substance of supernatural character, and I do hereby approve these apparitions as worthy of belief (although not obligatory) by the Christian faithful.”
Interesting, huh?

This reminds me -- I have not yet explained the Church's process in regard to confirming or denying alleged Marian apparitions. It's late already, so tonight's not the night, my friends. But I'll get to it soon. I find that many people have questions about this topic, and it's one of my favorite things to share with people!

In the meantime, Our Lady of Good Help, pray for us!

Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment