Saturday, March 12, 2011

If I Could Turn Back Time, or Move to Guam...

But I can't, Coffee Talkers. Nope, not tonight. It's almost time to 'spring forward' -- clocks turn ahead one hour in the US (except for Hawaii and Arizona....Hey! Arizona is a drivable distance from here!).

I was gonna post the video of Cher singing "If I Could Turn Back Time," until I saw that it involves her being nearly naked and singing to a huge group of sailors (why???), so I thought better of it.

Instead, why don't you check out this fun little website about Daylight Savings Time? But not for too long. Time to get to bed!

Peace and all good,
Leslie

4 comments:

  1. I really don't care for the switching around in the spring and fall. Hawaii doesn't observe DST either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on, Denise -- let's pack up the kids and head to the islands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAJOR "LOL" over the Cher comment, Leslie! This is the only time of year I gladly give up an hour of precious sleeping time just to have more daylight....yippee for DST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Cher video really is strange, right? :) And yes, Maureen, I too love the sunshine. It's just the sleep that I miss. I suspect that moving to Hawaii is the only real solution -- the tropical atmosphere would make up for the missed daylight, and sleep would be preserved, as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete