Sunday, March 13, 2011

To listen carefully and reflect prayerfully

Hello, Coffee Talkers!

It's the first Sunday of Lent, and today's Mass readings were pretty amazing! I love that the Church has already gone to the work of matching up appropriate and related readings from Old Testament, Psalms, New Testament (non-Gospel), and Gospels. Really, I was awe-struck when I first realized what was going on. The challenge is to listen carefully and reflect prayerfully.

One of my grad school professors, Dr. Scott Hahn, makes available his reflections on each Sundays Mass readings, both in written form and via podcast. Dr. Hahn's St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology has many great resources for transformative Scripture Study in the Catholic tradition. The reflection on today's Mass readings is especially good. I hope you enjoy it, as well!

Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment