Sunday, March 6, 2011

"We are Catholics, my friends! That means our lives are not our own."

Happy Sunday, Coffee Talkers!

Today marks the last Sunday of Ordinary Time before Lent 2011 (did you know that 'Ordinary' refers to the fact that these weeks are numbered -- ordinal?). Ash Wednesday is just around the corner -- yikes!

It also marks the first Sunday with Archbishop Jose Gomez as the sole presider from the chair of the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels -- woo-hoo! I have heard nothing but good things about Archbishop Gomez, and am looking forward with great anticipation to his leadership of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.


"Every bishop is a link in a great spiritual chain that extends back to the apostles. So I’m not here to implement my own ideas. I am here to try to be an apostle of Jesus Christ and a witness to his Resurrection." BAM! Archbishop Gomez's first homily is better than anything I could possibly say about it, so I hope that you'll read it and find it edifying.

Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment