Thursday, March 10, 2011

What are YOU gonna be when you grow up?

Greetings, Coffee Talkers!

Today, my girls and I were riding in our car, and as we passed some horses the girls both greeted the equines with great enthusiasm. It was the horse-sighting that inspired a great conversation initiated by my 4 1/2-year-old, Patricia Rose.
PR: Don't forget -- I'm going to be a cowgirl when I grow up.
Me: Right!
PR: Mommy, what are you gonna be when you grow up?
Me: Well, I'll still be your Mommy.
PR: No, not that! Something else.
Me: Well, I'll probably still work at the church.
PR: No, not that either. Something else...I know! Maybe you could be one of Jesus' saints or something!
Me: You're right, Patricia Rose! That is what I want to be! Thank you very much.
PR: [with a huge smile] You're welcome, Mommy!

I think she gives us all something to strive for!

Peace and all good,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment